OUR PRINCIPAL | TEACHERS & STAFF | HISTORY | STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT | PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES |
REGISTRATION & ENROLLMENT | BELL SCHEDULE | LUNCH MENU | PARKING | PHOTO GALLERY | CONTACT
BACK-TO-SCHOOL GUIDE | FORMS & POLICIES | MIDDLE SCHOOL OPTIONS
Thornhill 1959-1960 (Source: A Bit of History - Oakland Unfolded)
Construction of the original school was made possible by the $40M bond issue of 1956.
Thornhill, along with three other elementary schools--Grass Valley, Manzanita addition, and Sobrante Park--were ready for students by the Fall term of 1958.
Designed for a capacity of 430 pupils from grades K-6, the original site housed an administrative office, a multi-purpose room, a library, 11 classrooms, and a kindergarten room. 1.76 acres of the 2.69 usable acres were made available for playground.