Extended Care Options
The most popular before and after school care programs used by Thornhill families are as follows:
- PFC Enrichment Program, located on campus, classes vary each semester. Fall classes are now in session. Registration for Spring classes generally takes place after Winter break—learn more.
- Adventure Time, located on campus, 800-273-0610 and 510-658-7412 x100
- Adventure Time is currently full for the 2019-2020 school year. You may contact them directly to be placed on the waitlist.
- Applications are mailed to currently enrolled Adventure Time students and addresses on their mailing list. If you are not currently enrolled in Adventure Time or are an incoming TK and Kindergarten student and would like to be mailed an application, please call 510-658-7412 x100. Due to licensing regulations, space is limited. Registration is based on a first-come, first-served basis. Rather than mailing your application, please bring your completed application with the $85 registration fee onsite to the Adventure Time portable on the Thornhill Elementary campus. Spots fill up VERY quickly, typically on the first day of the registration period.
- AT staff picks up in the classrooms at dismissal. Early morning care is available from 7am. Aftercare is available until 6pm.
- Jewish Community Center, Oakland branch on 5811 Racine Road, 510-595-9222
- Montclair Recreation After-Care, Montclair Recreation Center, 510-482-7812
- Montclair Recreation is currently full for the 2019-2020 school year. You may contact them directly to be placed on the waitlist.
- Counselors pick up on the Thornhill playground at 3pm (1:25pm on Wednesdays) and walk the kids to the Montclair Rec Center. They do not pick up at the TK/K dismissal times. It is one flat fee for Monday-Friday with pick up at 6pm. Visit https://cityofoakland.perfectmind.com to register.