CALENDAR | ENROLLMENT | FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL | BELL SCHEDULE | VOLUNTEER | AFTER CARE | PARKING |
MIDDLE SCHOOL | ATTENDANCE POLICY | CURRICULUM | OUSD LUNCH MENU | STAY CONNECTED | FORMS
Calendar & Important Dates
Thornhill Elementary is a part of the Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) and therefore adheres to their master calendar.
In addition, Thornhill has various minimum days for assessments, parent/teacher conferences, and other special days. The Google Calendar to the right is the best way to stay updated!
Subscribe to the Google Calendar
If you use Google Calendar with your Gmail account, you can import the Thornhill Google Calendar and see the events right along with your personal calendar.
On the calendar to the right, click on the +GoogleCalendar logo on the bottom right of the calendar while logged in to your Gmail account. This will bring up a prompt asking if you want to add this calendar - say 'Yes'. That's it!
Important Dates for the 2018-19 School Year
Please always refer to the google calendar as it will be the most up to date. Below are some things to take note of:
- The first day of school in 2018 is Monday, August 13th.
- The first two weeks of school are minimum days.
- All Wednesdays are minimum days.
- Friday Science Minimum Days (three this year) are November 2, February 1, and May 3.
- PFC Board Meetings are held once a month on Mondays or Tuesdays from 6-7pm in the library or the multi-purpose room.
- The last week of school is minimum days.
- The last day of school in 2019 is Thursday, May 30th.
- Saturday, August 4th: TK/K Playdate (10am-12pm on Thornhill schoolyard)
- Monday, August 6th: Registration (10am-2pm in the Thornhill office)
- Tuesday, August 7th: Registration (10am-2pm in the Thornhill office)
- Friday, August 10th: Registration (for TK/K families only, 10-11am in the Thornhill office)
- Friday, August 10th: TK/K Playdate (11am-12pm on Thornhill schoolyard, right after "Meet the Teacher" from 10-11am)
- Monday, August 13th: First Day of School!
- Welcome Back Coffee: After drop-off on the back patio
- Monday, August 13th - Friday, August 24th: Fall PFC Enrichment Registration Period
- Enrichment class flyers and sign-up info. will be available online and at school starting the morning of August 13th.
- Monday, August 13th - Friday, August 24th: First two weeks of school (minimum days)
- Wednesday, August 22nd: Back-to-School Night (6-7pm, adults only)
- Monday, August 27th: PFC Meeting (6-6:40pm)
- Monday, September 3rd: Labor Day (no school)
- Tuesday, September 4th: Fall PFC Enrichment Classes begin
- Monday, September 10th: PFC Meeting (6-7pm)
- Monday, September 10th: Picture Day (3rd-5th grade)
- Tuesday, September 11th: Picture Day (TK-2nd grade)
- Friday, September 28th: Staff Development Day (no school)
- Tuesday, October 9th: PFC Meeting (6-7pm) **tentative**
- Friday, October 19th: Lincoln Day, observed (no school)
- Tuesday, October 30th: Shoo-the-Flu! (free flu shots for kids)
- Wednesday, October 31st: Halloween (minimum day and 1pm parade)
- Friday, November 2nd: Science Collaboration (minimum day)
- Monday, November 12th: Veteran's Day (no school)
- Monday-Friday, November 19th-23rd: Thanksgiving Break (no school)
- Monday-Friday, November 26th-30th: Winter Conference Week (minimum days)
- Also, no enrichment classes!
- Monday, December 17th: Fall PFC Enrichment Music Performances (4-6pm, multi-purpose room)
- Tuesday, December 18th: Winter Performance (3rd-5th, 9am, multi-purpose room)
- Wednesday, December 19th: Winter Performance (TK-2nd, 9am, multi-purpose room)
- Friday, December 21st: Last Day of Fall PFC Enrichment Classes
- Monday, December 24th-Friday, January 4th: Winter Break (no school)
- Monday, January 7th - Friday, January 18th: Spring PFC Enrichment Registration Period
- Enrichment class flyers and sign-up info. will be available online and onsite starting the morning of January 7th
- Monday, January 21st: Martin Luther King Jr. Day (no school)
- Friday, January 25th: Staff Development Day (no school)
- Monday, January 28th: Spring PFC Enrichment Classes begin
- Friday, February 1st: Science Collaboration (minimum day)
- Monday, February 18th: President's Day Holiday (no school)
- Monday, March 18th: Coloma Trip (4th graders)
- Monday - Friday, March 25th - 29th: Spring Break (no school)
- Monday, April 1st: Cesar Chavez Day (no school)
- Tuesday - Friday, April 2nd - 5th: Spring Conference Week (minimum days)
- Also, no enrichment classes!
- Wednesday, April 10th: Volunteer Appreciation Day
- Saturday, April 27th: PFC Spring Carnival **tentative**
- Tuesday, April 30th: DINE OUT at Fenton's!
- Friday, May 3rd: Science Collaboration (minimum day)
- Wednesday, May 8th: Spring Performance (3rd-5th, 9am, multi-purpose room)
- Thursday, May 9th: Spring Music Concert (TK-2nd, 9am, multi-purpose room)
- Friday, May 10th: Last Day of Spring PFC Enrichment Classes
- Wednesday, May 15th: Science Fair/Open House
- Monday, May 27th: Memorial Day Holiday (no school)
- Tuesday - Thursday, May 28th - 30th: Last Week of School (minimum days)
- Thursday, May 30th: Last Day of School